I love peanut butter and I love chocolate. Married together, they are a match made in heaven. Can you believe there are weirdos out there who don’t like one or the other? There are also heathens out there who like both flavors seperately, but not together. I don’t trust those people as far as I can throw them. I’m just kidding guys. Sort of.
This recipe makes the softest cookies. The base for the recipe is my Great Nana Heaney’s Raisin Cookie recipe (which you will get eventually.) On a visit home last year, my Nana and Pop actually gave me the original, hand-written recipe of my late Great Nana Heaney, which I have framed and hanging in the kitchen.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cook Time: 14-15 minutes | Servings: 24-36 (depends on size) | Difficulty: Easy
4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups coconut sugar
1 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup warm water
11oz – 12oz milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°
1. Into a large bowl, sift the flour. Whisk in the baking powder, baking soda, salt.
3. Using an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla until smooth. Add the peanut butter and mix until combined. Slowly mix in the warm water.
4. Gradually, add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients.
5. Gently fold the bag of chocolate chips into the batter.
6. Using a 1 1/2″ cookie scoop, scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-15 minutes.
These cookies look scrumptious!! 😀
Have you tried making them yet? 🙂
these look to die for!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 😊