Who doesn’t like a sweet treat after dinner? Or a mid-day pick me up? Or even something “fancy” for your guests to indulge in during a dinner party? I’ve got just the thing! Not counting the time it takes for the mixture to chill in the refrigerator, they take no time at all! These truffles pair perfectly with a glass of wine. Heck, I was even washing them down with cold beer as I was testing them. The original/base recipe for these truffles is by Kraft. You can find that here. I decided to take that recipe and make it my own with a few adjustments.
Chocolate Sea Salt Truffles
8oz Semi Sweet Baker’s Chocolate
8oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 tsp coarse Sea Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Start with 30 seconds and then mix. In intervals of 10-15 seconds, keep microwaving and stirring the chocolate until smooth.
2. In an large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sea salt, and vanilla together.
3. Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth and everything is incorporated. You will need to scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl as you go. Refrigerate mixture 45-60 minutes or until firm.
4. Put the cocoa powder in a small, shallow dish.
5. Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop out 1 inch balls and roll between your hands until smooth and round.
6. Gently place the ball in the cocoa powder and toss round until coated.
7. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.